Tuesday 13 March 2012

Climbing and Abseiling by Mim

Personally my favourite activity was climbing and abseiling.
I was looking forward to climbing at the quarry because I had only climbed at climbing walls before .Our instructor decided to take us to the quarry before going to the indoor climbing wall, so we drove to the quarry in the benmore mini bus.
We got out and were split into 2 groups (abseiling first and climbing first) I got to abseil first. The abseiling group went up the shoulder of the quarry and along a path to the top of the abseil. I was the first person to abseil so everybody cheered me on, it was quite scary at first but then I got used to it and started to get more confident. When I got down I unclipped and joined the people waiting to climb. Eventually it was my turn, the lady at the top said I was really fast. Afterwards we went to the indoor climbing centre, which was fun but easy. In reflection that was one of the best days there!

No comments:

Post a Comment